Although there are a few bits here and there that need to be patched, adjusted or painted, the house is pretty much finished. I need to get back down there to take some more final photos but here is a quick before and after shot.
I need to get some more of the same angles for best before and after, but these two will provide a bit of the changes. The first image above is from August 2014. The second image is where we left it about a month ago, with the new “front” look. The black shutters help to break the white up quite well, I think.
After all was said and done, I think we put about $125,000 of repair and improvements. The insurance paid to have 1/3 of the house replaced (from the ground up) and I added another $30,000 to make it better. Time for a re-appraisel as I’m sure the house has increased in value (hoping for another 50%). We bought the place at an appraised value of $110,000. With our improvements and 1/3 rebuild, it’s got to be worth $150,000 or more.